Landmarks in Sta. Ana,Taguig City,District 1
Collegio de Santa Ana is a private, catholic parochial institution. Founded in 1980 by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Augurio I. Juta, CDSA offers quality Christian education and produces graduates that are God-fearing and responsible Filipino citizens. For more information, you can visit their official website http://www.cdsa-taguig.blogspot.com/
Plaza Quezon is the only one erected to honor President Manuel L. Quezon when he was still in the service as President of the Republic. This plaza serves as venue for “Buwan ng Wika” celebratory events.
– Archdiocesan Shrine of St. Anne
Location: Liwayway St., Sta. Ana, Taguig City.
This shrine was built during the term of Fr. Diego Alvarez of the Augustinian Friars in 1587, and is definitely one of the oldest churches in the Philippines. This was destroyed by an earthquake in 1645 and reconstructed in 1848 when Fr. Andres Diaz became its Parish Priest. It was destroyed again by another earthquake and rebuilt in 1896 by Fr. Guillermo Diaz. A new retablo was installed in the year 2003 by the incumbent parish priest, Rev. Fr. Roy M. Rosales.
Taguig Elementary School started with five teachers and less than fifteen pupils under the leadership of a Filipino in the name of Mr. Jose Pagtakhan. It started with one kamalig- type classroom between the year 1901-1906. In between this early years of existence, Ignacio Beltran, a kind-hearted citizen of Taguig donated a 1434 sq. m. grass field to the school with his passionate desire to improve basic education in Taguig. In 1917-1928, a Gabaldon-Type building was constructed. This building served as the symbol of democratic education until today. It has withstood all kinds of natural calamities and has become a heritage of educational endeavor to the people of Taguig. From then on, the school expanded as the town’s population started to grow. In the pre-war of 1931-1940, a shop and the expanded building were constructed in the right front side of the school.
Today, Taguig Elementary School is one of the best educational institutions as manifested by its hundreds of successful graduates, physical environment, facilities and quality performance level of pupils and teachers. At present, the school population is 3,775 pupils, 83 teachers, 7 school guards, 13 school janitors and 3 school clerks who work hand in hand with the able leadership of a school principal for the improvement of the learners and its school physical facilities.
By 2015, Taguig Elementary School will be a performing Educational Center equipped with modern facilities for a far better and more effective teaching-learning process thus producing quality and ICT literate graduates.
Taguig Elementary School caters fundamental services geared towards quality education, a vital factor in harnessing the pupil innate talents and potentials to be achievers and productive citizens through the guidance and encouragement of compassionate, competent and spiritually inclined school staff in the performance of their tasks.